Author Topic: And today is....  (Read 1528 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
And today is....
« on: October 16, 2021, 03:35:19 PM »
NATIONAL BOSSES DAY!
Yes, that's right. Just noticed this on my (paper) calendar. Some genius picked a Saturday on which to celebrate National Bosses Day. So, here I am at my business (I'm one of four owners), working away, and nobody else around. We have very good employees, and, in the past, they have always shown some form of gratitude with a cake and some thank-you cards, etc. Not this year. Its a Saturday.

Oh, well. I'll just take comfort in the fact that we do, in fact, have good employees, and we know they appreciate us as much as we appreciate them.

So, if you are in my shoes, let me raise my cup of Coca Cola to you and say "Thank you, Boss!"  Have a great day/weekend/life.

Offline Pokitren

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: And today is....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 02:49:24 AM »
So are you upset about the lack of cake or what? :) Or did you find it odd that all the years there was cake and this year there wasn't?
We didn't have any cake for our boss either :) I just heard from you that there is such a holiday  tiphat:

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »
Sorry. I'm human. I've been a boss for a good while now, and I like being appreciated as a good boss. I could not have told you on what date Boss' Day occurs. So, on that day - a Saturday - when I noticed on my paper calendar that it was Boss' Day, I just thought how stupid it was to have such a day on a Saturday. Just like I enjoy expressing my appreciation to our Administrative Assistants on Administrative Assistant's Day, I wouldn't want that to be on a Saturday. (it is always on a Wednesday, fyi). Who is the genius that set Boss' Day on a single date that might be on a weekend?

I said I/we have really good employees. Guess what? Our really good employees also recognized that Boss's day fell on a Saturday, and surprised us with a cake and cards the following Monday. They, too, think it is really dumb to have such a day on a Saturday (or Sunday). They are really good people, and really good employees.

Maybe you should get a cake for your boss.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 07:55:13 AM »
I like cake.  Sometimes I have cake even when it’s not National (whatever) Day.  And ice cream too!

Offline Official_21

• FAN REACTION: +9/-0
  • What on earth have I gotten myself into???
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 08:15:06 AM »
I like cake.  Sometimes I have cake even when it’s not National (whatever) Day.  And ice cream too!
But I have been told by various people you can't have your cake and eat your ice cream too...or something like that!  ;D