Author Topic: TASO Baseball stands up to UIL...  (Read 7263 times)

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
TASO Baseball stands up to UIL...
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »
As your TASO Baseball President, a volunteer, I strongly encourage you NOT to register with UIL in any sport.  With respect to baseball our season is not until February 2011. The November 1st date 2010, made to put unjust pressure (and now UIL has decided October 13th) for Volleyball and Football Officials, is much too early to commit no matter what is being represented or threatened.
There is much going on at this time.

Mike Fitch, our new Executive Director of TASO State,  is really ramping up the effort for TASO and all of the sports TASO covers.  TASO is still the Texas Association of Sports Officials with the responsibility of recruiting, training, evaluating, and scheduling for not only high school sporting events, both TAPPS and UIL, but also non-high school sporting events.  There are several critical meetings (2 to be exact) that will be occurring in the next 30 days with respect to TASO Baseball as well as some very important legal efforts put into motion.  It is your decision but I can tell you as your President, I will not be registering with UIL, especially with the total lack of organization, communication, and credibility UIL has shown to overall sports officiating.  Other TASO sports chapters and individual members, and not just baseball, are also not registering.

It definitely is not about money or control from our perspective.

It is about the kids, it is about the coaches, and it is about having an efficient high school athletic program for all to participate and enjoy. This registration process is not the right way to address officiating and athletics in the State Of Texas. Please show resolve in making sure we find a better solution than this effort being forced without fair representation for all.
Stay in touch since much more is to follow.  Do not commit early!  Please stand firm!
Thanks for all you do for the kids in the State of Texas.

George Coit
President TASO Baseball Division
Texas Association of Sports Officials - Baseball

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: TASO Baseball stands up to UIL...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
 :bOW
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »
Good for you George.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
I certainly appreciate what George is trying to do but since baseball is quite a ways off, it should be a no-brainer for baseball guys to hold off. 

Offline NTXRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »
Did I miss something?   Where did October 13 come from?

Offline Mark Liggett

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
    • Austin Football TASO
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »
Did I miss something?   Where did October 13 come from?

Ditto's, I can't find any reference to 13 October.......

Offline blindref757

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
The volleyball chapters have been given a deadline of October 13th to submit their top 25% lists to the UIL.  The UIL sent out a memo to all volleyball chapters that anyone who was on that list, must be registered with UIL to be considered for UIL post season assignments including Regionals and State.

It's a logistical issue that created the date change for being considered for an assignment that will be assigned after the Nov. 1st deadline.  The UIL Legislative Council did not convene to approve this date change.

OCTOBER 13th has NOTHING to do with Football.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 07:22:58 AM »
 ^flag 

I'm just wondering when Fitch and Fecci will issue a similar statement for football. I know that they're both waiting and banking on the restraining order being further extended by the trial court at the initial hearing, rumored to be October 20th. But in the absence of such, I'd hope that such a statement from them would materialize well before the UIL stated November 1st deadline!  z^

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
Heck any kind of update would have been helpful all this silence does nothing but make us all wonder if its over.  a weekly update would be usefull even if its to say they did nothing or the uil and taso played golf this week but could not come to a resoulution... No news makes us jumpy. The last communication i got was signing up was a personal choice then nothing...I waited and waited before i registerd.

If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

Cooter

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »
Heck any kind of update would have been helpful all this silence does nothing but make us all wonder if its over.  a weekly update would be usefull even if its to say they did nothing or the uil and taso played golf this week but could not come to a resoulution... No news makes us jumpy. The last communication i got was signing up was a personal choice then nothing...I waited and waited before i registerd.

^good

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »
I just saw that El Paso Baseball has gone UIL.

Offline blindref757

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »
Is that Carl Childress' area of influence?