Author Topic: Game Film  (Read 8729 times)

rric31

Game Film
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
I am looking at "housing" game films somewhere online.  Our local board has 10 game films per week copied to a DVD and I would like our members to have the opportunity to go online and download the game film if they so desired as opposed to checking out the DVD.

Since the game films are large, does anyone have any ideas on sites to where I could put game films online and allow members to download? 

rich

Grant - AR

Re: Game Film
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Are you looking for a free place to put them or are you willing to pay for it?  If you are willing to pay a little bit for it, I could recommend a couple of hosts that are less than $5-$7 per month.  If you are looking for a free site, I would have to dig around and see what is available.  The free sites I've heard of in the past have quite a few advertisements on them to make them free.

Offline gsrc

• FAN REACTION: +85/-16
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »
http://www.gametapeexchange.com/

Not sure how expensive this site is but I've heard good things about it.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
I have heard many things praising smugmug.com.

rric31

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »
We are looking at paying up to around $75 a year.  Free would be great but I don't think we could find anything of quality for free.

rich

The Ref Thats Lef

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
I use Vimeo (www.vimeo.com). You can load 500mb a week for free - So try before you buy - and for $60 per year you can load 5 gig a week.

You can password protect, restrict viewing to friends and embedded film in web pages if you want. You can allow the film to only be watched online or to be downloaded.

Here is an example of something I copied from VHS and posted. .

As the original material was not that great the quality is from that not the service from Vimeo

Grant - AR

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
We are looking at paying up to around $75 a year.  Free would be great but I don't think we could find anything of quality for free.

rich

There are hosts all over the place that charge around $5 per month.  You would just upload the videos to their servers and post a link on your page for your members to click on.  If you would like more information on this, just post it here or send me a personal message.

Thanks,
Grant - AR

rric31

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »
Grant,

I am willing to look at any options. So far, Vimeo is the leader for me. Seems to be easy for  the user after I upload. I don't want to get into uploading a file and having the user downloading a file, have to open a video player, etc.  Vimeo would be as simple as click on the video and it will play. If someone wants to download the video they would have to sign up for Vimeo which is a bit of a negative. The only other negative is the 5gb limitation per week. If it were 10gb per week, that would be great for us but I can make it work out compressing the videos.

Thanks for the reply and I am open to any and all suggestions.

Rich

Grant - AR

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
Grant,

I am willing to look at any options. So far, Vimeo is the leader for me. Seems to be easy for  the user after I upload. I don't want to get into uploading a file and having the user downloading a file, have to open a video player, etc.  Vimeo would be as simple as click on the video and it will play. If someone wants to download the video they would have to sign up for Vimeo which is a bit of a negative. The only other negative is the 5gb limitation per week. If it were 10gb per week, that would be great for us but I can make it work out compressing the videos.

Thanks for the reply and I am open to any and all suggestions.

Rich

Rich,

I don't know anything about Vimeo, but it sounds pretty good.  If the size limitations are going to be an issue, most of the standard hosts offer "unlimited space and bandwidth" (they can't really offer unlimited, but so many people use almost none that they can say that).

You would just need a couple of lines of HTML code to stream the videos where the officials would only need to play the video from there...similar to the videos that are posted on here, most by TXMike in the NCAA section.

Good luck,
Grant

agegbg

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 03:28:28 AM »
Hi

I don't know if this is the best way, but i know that it works fine.

A lots of people see Torrent as an illegal way to share files, but a lots of companies ues it in a legal way. You can download Linux via Torrent.

For more information about torrent tracker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

So my suggestion is to create a Torrenttracker, and share all the games true the Torrenttracker.

If we build a big torrenttracker together we can get games from all around the world.

/Markus