Author Topic: enjoy this one  (Read 7207 times)

Sjref

enjoy this one
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:11:06 AM »
[yt=425,350]aZCBVajxGm8[/yt]

check it out...plenty of things to talk about in this one.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:20:33 PM by Grant - AR »

Offline jason

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
Re: enjoy this one
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
YIKES!  I'm sure that crew wanted to get off the field as soon as possible on that one, but I'd say there are several nonplayer fouls that could be thrown under 9-8-1i.  Thanks to the stupid announcer, the home team gets penalized first, then the visitors get penalized for the same thing (pick a number).  After that I'd say there could easily be an USC for at least the kid hanging on the goal posts.  Finally, the visiting team's head coach deserves one for basically walking out to midfield.

Extra point from the 46.5?

Or the officials could just let the play and celebrations happen without any flags whatsoever.  I'd like to think that at least the USC is called and enforced on the extra point.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:39:03 AM »
You'd really have to determine if there was any participation by any of the nonplayers, and I don't know how you'd do that without watching the film.  The camera view shown has mostly Black players coming on early, and they obviously didn't help their team's cause.

Assuming that there was no participation, all penalties will be from the succeeding spot.  Black came on first, so the ball goes to the 1.5.  Now penalize White to the 16.5.  If any official saw White hanging from the goalpost (unlikely), that USC puts the ball at the 31.5 for the try.

I probably wouldn't have an USC on the White coach, but I would shoo him back toward his sidelinewhile the conference is taking place.

Offline jason

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
You'd really have to determine if there was any participation by any of the nonplayers, and I don't know how you'd do that without watching the film.  The camera view shown has mostly Black players coming on early, and they obviously didn't help their team's cause.

Assuming that there was no participation, all penalties will be from the succeeding spot.  Black came on first, so the ball goes to the 1.5.  Now penalize White to the 16.5.  If any official saw White hanging from the goalpost (unlikely), that USC puts the ball at the 31.5 for the try.

I probably wouldn't have an USC on the White coach, but I would shoo him back toward his sidelinewhile the conference is taking place.

Yeah, you're harsher than I am.  I figure that one USC was enough (i.e. goal post), and the teams on the field kind of offset in the grand scheme of things.  I would have put the extra point at the 16.5, but I could easily agree with the 31.5 or the 46.5.

ppaltice

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »
I think there was too much confusion and no advantage gained with all of the players on the field.  It is difficult to penalize the teams when everyone thinks the game is over.  I personally think that the only foul you should penalize is the USC on the scoring team for swinging on the goal posts.  Attempt the try from the 18.

LarryW60

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13:16 AM »
Silly. The visitors swarm the field... while the play was still going, then the home coach is running out on the field to complain about Black swarming the field... while the play was still going.  Both coaches should have received USCs for coming out on the field to plead their case after the play.

Offline lawdog

• FAN REACTION: +3/-17
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »
What a mess!  How you come up with no calls for anything is a little beyond me, but I don't know that we can see everything in the video either.  regardless you have what's been said, a lot of succeeding spot penalties so I think the TD is good with everyone the way it sounds and I agree with that.  I'm going with black first then I got three on white for coming on the field, the excessive celebration and then the coach being out at midfield so I'm with the 46.5 yard line determination pi1eOn, but I can go along with the 31.5 too pi1eOn. At the very least you gotta go back to the 16.5 ^flag.  Just blowing off everything and running it from the three doesn't cut it for me.  Glad I wasn't working it its a lot to digest as its happening!!!!

Mike L

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
For me,
well if they had the "fumbler" runner truly not down (I think he looks down, but it's not the greatest angle to see), there's a TD.
I think you have to hit K with a IP and then R with a 5yd IS for the players coming out on the field (it doesn't appear any of the K subs really get in the way of the play). So that puts the ball at the 6.5.
If the Tarzans were seen on the goal post, and considering this CF of a play I can totally understand if they were not, then R gets backed up another 15 to the 21.5.
Also considering the CF nature of the play, I'd be inclined to forgive the coaches being out on the field wondering just what the heck is going on unless they are being serious jerks about it and are ignoring my instructions to return to their sideline while we try to figure out what the heck just happened.

Offline WingOfficial

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »
For me,
well if they had the "fumbler" runner truly not down (I think he looks down, but it's not the greatest angle to see),

This is the big one for me -- he looks very down, but again, tough angle...

Offline lawdog

• FAN REACTION: +3/-17
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
For me,
well if they had the "fumbler" runner truly not down (I think he looks down, but it's not the greatest angle to see), there's a TD.
I think you have to hit K with a IP and then R with a 5yd IS for the players coming out on the field (it doesn't appear any of the K subs really get in the way of the play). So that puts the ball at the 6.5.

I can't see if he's down or not, but it was definitely close.  I am not going to second guess them on that.  Who do you see participating on K and where do you find rule support for illegal substitution when non-players enter the field?  How come you want to call the two teams different penalties for doing the same thing?  I don't think there is rule support for your position here...

bamaBJ

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
yeah i had already posted this under another post- totally agree big mess.  if you're on the crew and still have flags in your pocket pi1eOn what are you looking at?  i have threw both flags, bean bags, hat, card, pencil, ok im out.   ^flag Someone loan me your flag

Mike L

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
I can't see if he's down or not, but it was definitely close.  I am not going to second guess them on that.  Who do you see participating on K and where do you find rule support for illegal substitution when non-players enter the field?  How come you want to call the two teams different penalties for doing the same thing?  I don't think there is rule support for your position here...

K subs came out to about mid field while the play is still going on. One runner gets nearly tackled right in front of them, pitches the ball back to another player right in front of them and the play continues. I'd say they are plenty close enough (not to mention sheer numbers) to have affected the play and therefore it's IP. (rule 9-6-4a) Contact is not required as per the case book. Now you may argue they did not actually affect the play, but at that point it's a judgement call...yours against mine. In any event, the enforcement would be the same, 1.5 yards.
The R subs are barely on the field and on the opposite side of where the play went. There's no way they affected the play. So I go with IS (rule 3-7-6).

editted to add, I have to admit I did not see the R coach come out onto the field to help instruct that flank official on his call during the play on the first run thru. That would add a USC call to the play as well for R since he makes contact with the official. That I don't forgive.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:38:55 PM by Mike L »

Gray Hare

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »
If the final play of the game results in a win, there would not even be a point after attempt...correct?