Author Topic: ARNY vs NAVY...Great way to end a game.....??????  (Read 568 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
ARNY vs NAVY...Great way to end a game.....??????
« on: December 10, 2023, 09:48:54 AM »
If you watched   :patrioticon: THE GAME  :patrioticon: yesterday, you have been shaken by the game ending  :o by a pushing the pile play  :o that no  ^talk human   ??? nor fancy device :!# could tell the location of the ball. IMHO, tne NCAA may consider one of these:

(1) the AI boys/girls could develop something like the NHL once did with the 'glowing puck', where the 'glowing football' could be tracked by one of those fancy devices.

(2) Have a 'DO OVER'  tR:oLl

(3) Adopt our POE and kill the play once QB disappears behind hurd of his big ole' Bubba's.  :puke:

WHAT SAY YOU  ???
      :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR:

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
Re: ARNY vs NAVY...Great way to end a game.....??????
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 01:00:03 PM »
If you watched   :patrioticon: THE GAME  :patrioticon: yesterday, you have been shaken by the game ending  :o by a pushing the pile play  :o that no  ^talk human   ??? nor fancy device :!# could tell the location of the ball. IMHO, tne NCAA may consider one of these:

(1) the AI boys/girls could develop something like the NHL once did with the 'glowing puck', where the 'glowing football' could be tracked by one of those fancy devices.

(2) Have a 'DO OVER'  tR:oLl

(3) Adopt our POE and kill the play once QB disappears behind hurd of his big ole' Bubba's.  :puke:

There were a number of "Pushing the pile" plays throughout the game, that was reminiscent of football in the 50's and 60's. Actually, I was astonished at what those film reviews could actually see, as to what was going on "under all the bodies".  Of your 3 suggestions, I'd (reluctantly) go with #3.  I can't fathom a "glowing" football avoiding stubborn confusion, forget #2 (a do-over) as that would more likely increase the number (& stupidity) of arguments.

Although #3 would also likely cause a lot of additional griping and BS, it might work better by adding something along the lines of, "Any prolonged argument or complaining about the decision rendered by the Game Officials, by players, coaches or sideline personnel will result in automatic "Disqualification" and a 15 yard penalty.

Despite all the many benefits, instant replay and immediately available detailed film review provides, it has, unfortunately, opened the flood gates of unsolicited, and unhelpful, commentary and benign opinion.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
Re: ARNY vs NAVY...Great way to end a game.....??????
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 08:01:53 AM »
Living in a “house divided” (Navy on my side, Army on my wife’s), I thought they got it right.