Author Topic: Kicking Shoe?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Kicking Shoe?
« on: October 25, 2021, 08:20:23 PM »
Thought these teams knew better.  One of our crews got to witness the ole, where's the shoe play.  Kid ran towards the shoe that was tossed onto the field and as he was pretending to put the shoe on, the ball was snapped and he took off upfield uncovered and scored a 2pt TD.  So he thought.  The crew correctly penalized 15 yards and replayed the down.  The team scored legally the next play.   ^flag

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Kicking Shoe?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
And I am sure the coach told them in pre game he did not have any unusual plays
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:10 AM »
I thought the square-toe kicking shoe went the way of Nero jackets, Davy Crockett caps and disco shoes after the Gogolak brothers arrived from Europe with their soccer style kicking back in the '60s.
That coach was really out of date. :)

PS : World Series now best-of-five  aWaRd

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »
I thought the square-toe kicking shoe went the way of Nero jackets, Davy Crockett caps and disco shoes after the Gogolak brothers arrived from Europe with their soccer style kicking back in the '60s.
That coach was really out of date. :)

PS : World Series now best-of-five  aWaRd

It was a regular shoe.  The kid even had both of his shoes on already and ran over to the other shoe and simulated as if he was putting in on.  The defense never flinched to go cover him.  The ball is snapped and he runs upfield and catches the pass.