Author Topic: Posting Youtube videos  (Read 3380 times)

Grant - AR

Posting Youtube videos
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »
Hey guys!  I've had a few members ask how they can embed Youtube videos.  When you post the video, click the button above the smilies that says YouTube.  It looks like this: .  When you click on this, it will insert tags where you are posting that look like this without the spaces:  [yt =425,350][ /yt].  The only thing you will need to put between the tags is the last section of the youtube link...after the equal (=) sign.

For instance, if you want to embed the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RDNBAgdBk, you will only put M7RDNBAgdBk between the tags.  Here's how it will look without the spaces  [ yt=425,350]M7RDNBAgdBk[ /yt].  I hope this helps.

I have also had a request from one of the members on here to have the youtube address posted below the video.  Evidently it is easier to view videos from a smart phone by actually going to youtube instead of watching them in a post on here.  So, when you embed the video, please put the whole address (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RDNBAgdBk) below where it is embedded. 

Offline MrFbOfficial

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
Re: Posting Youtube videos
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
Thanks Grant!

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
 :thumbup

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
How much is bandwidth affected by embedding you tube videos Grant ? Does it cost more than just linking to the video ?
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Grant - AR

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »
How much is bandwidth affected by embedding you tube videos Grant ? Does it cost more than just linking to the video ?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.  The only times I really pay much attention to the bandwidth is when we release the Aloha videos.  We've never gotten close to going over our monthly allotment except for then.