Author Topic: PROP approves rule changes  (Read 2466 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
PROP approves rule changes
« on: April 22, 2020, 07:06:09 AM »
Looks like the PROP approved the 2020 rules changes.  Wonder if we'll get to use 'em?

Glad I'm not in FBS any more. On the field at 90 minutes (at least three).  Just because coaches can't/won't control their players (and themselves!).  Hope all NCAA guys get a big pay raise.

Online Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
Re: PROP approves rule changes
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 07:15:43 AM »
For those who haven’t seen it yet, here is the release from the NCAA.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/football-players-flagged-targeting-will-be-able-remain-bench-area

Has anybody seen anything from the CFO that may have a full list of changes? There were more proposals than the ones in that press release, but it doesn’t mention anything about them being approved or not.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
I 'saw' a document with 11 items, but it may not be out for public consumption, yet.

Online Legacy Zebra

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:17:26 AM »
It’s not the one from March, is it? That one is posted on the CFO website, but is just the proposals, not approved changes. Is the one you’ve “seen” the approved changes?

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 06:26:02 PM »
It’s not the one from March, is it? That one is posted on the CFO website, but is just the proposals, not approved changes. Is the one you’ve “seen” the approved changes?

It would appear to be something official.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:03 PM »
Rumour is that the U is moving to the offensive backfield too for 7 man.  *gag*

Offline Sonofanump

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »
Rumour is that the U is moving to the offensive backfield too for 7 man.  *gag*

I thought that was an option, I think the Big Sky had special permission in 2019 to do it, not sure if any other 7 man conference did.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 10:29:53 AM »
I thought that was an option, I think the Big Sky had special permission in 2019 to do it, not sure if any other 7 man conference did.

You are correct - it's just an option.  They're just putting a section in the mechanics manual so that if you choose to do it, everyone is doing it consistently.

Offline wvoref

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
Trivial question but having debate with a sportswriter.  Does the new numbering rule limit teams to only two sets of identical numbers on entire roster or does it mean you can't have more than 2 players wearing any one number? And there is a difference in those statements.  Retired high school official who just enjoys this stuff.

Online Legacy Zebra

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
It is no more than two with each number. Two 1s, two 2s, two 3s, etc. They can have as many sets of duplicates as they want.  The point is so you can’t have a bunch of players wearing the same number and make the opponent guess which is going in the game.

Offline wvoref

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 03:36:32 PM »
That is how I interpreted it but other individual thought you could only have two sets of duplicates thereby limiting teams to only suiting up 102 players. Using the term limiting somewhat tongue in cheek.  Thank you for the reply.