Author Topic: 2011 Clinics  (Read 6653 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
2011 Clinics
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »
http://www.intra-focus.com/TASO/3EBB9165-E7FA-E001-96CBC65698B15E28.htm

Make your plans to attend 1 or more of the TASO clinics this summer. 

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Re: 2011 Clinics
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »
The Houston six man clinic on the 13th is an on-field clinic I believe.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
 ^flag

Doesn't appear that Coop will be lecturing at the June 25th Houston Regional Clinic.   z^
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:49:17 AM by arbitrator »

Cooter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »
^flag

Doesn't appear that Coop will be lecturing at the June 25th Houston Regional Clinic.   z^

Here's a guy who has worked a Big XII Championship, Capital One Bowl, Insight Bowl, Motor City Bowl, GMAC-Mobile Bowl, Papa Johns Bowl and Div 1 FCS National Championship game - yet you insinuate the ultimate insult to him by not allowing him to speak at the Houston Clinic.  I'll bet CC is losing a lot of sleep over it.  LOL

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »
Here's a guy who has worked a Big XII Championship, Capital One Bowl, Insight Bowl, Motor City Bowl, GMAC-Mobile Bowl, Papa Johns Bowl and Div 1 FCS National Championship game - yet you insinuate the ultimate insult to him by not allowing him to speak at the Houston Clinic.  I'll bet CC is losing a lot of sleep over it.  LOL

^flag

Coot: No insult intended! If you would take time enough to read the entire TASO Meeting Schedule that was attached, it appears that he has already contracted to be somewhere else other than Houston on that very same date. Coop has spoken at Houston on several occasions. I have attended others that Coop has conducted. He does a more than capable job as a clinician. Like the vast majority of Houston Chapter members however, I do not agree with his TASO-UIL politics!  z^

Offline HoustonUmp

• FAN REACTION: +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »
^flag

Like the vast majority of Houston Chapter members however, I do not agree with his TASO-UIL politics! 

Did I miss the poll where the chapter was asked their views on the President's thoughts, or do you get to determine the views of the chapter now?  ???

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
Did I miss the poll where the chapter was asked their views on the President's thoughts, or do you get to determine the views of the chapter now?  ???

^flag

Oh, I think that while we both may have missed that meeting and judging from some of the negative commentary from the folks that were coming out of there, I think that I can safely draw my own conclusions. So how many those folks did you hear from, to the contrary, that said it was just an absolutely spectacular meeting and that as far as officiating in Texas is concerned, that the UIL is undoubtedly the way of the future?   z^
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:44:12 PM by arbitrator »

Cooter

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »
^flag

Coot: No insult intended! If you would take time enough to read the entire TASO Meeting Schedule that was attached, it appears that he has already contracted to be somewhere else other than Houston on that very same date. Coop has spoken at Houston on several occasions. I have attended others that Coop has conducted. He does a more than capable job as a clinician. Like the vast majority of Houston Chapter members however, I do not agree with his TASO-UIL politics!  z^

I read your previous posts - stating Cooper has a "hidden agenda," "he was threatened by the State Football Board at the Spring Meeting," he is a "Manor Road Cheerleader," and of course the "heavy fumes of Manor Road Kool-Aid."  It was an insult - it was intended.  I can respect your opinion that our current President might not follow your desire for the future of TASO - why does it have to become personal?  I've been called more names on this board than I have in my entire life - from ignorant to cowardly - just because I support the registration of officials with UIL and don't like the direction of TASO at this point in time.  I enjoy differing opinions - I respect other's opinions even thought I've been HACKED off by some responses and have responded poorly.  I will make this challenge to both sides of the argument - respect others and don't make it personal - we are ultimately in this (officiating) for the same reason.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
The few identified folks who have publicly come out in support of the UIL takeover seem to be people who have been "wronged" by TASO (either state or local chapter) at some point.  I.e. they were punished for misconduct, they were not approved to do something, they don't get games they think they should, they did not get elected, etc.  If anyone is letting this thing get personal it would seem to be them.  They are looking at this from within their own small world and may see it as "payback" for some perceived slight.

I don't see how anyone with no grudge against one side or the other could see it as a good idea that UIL take over officiating, especially football officiating.

Something we all need to remember...if and when UIL takes over officiating it is the same as if the State is taking it over since it seems more and more like everyone is seeing UIL as part of the State.  And once the State takes it over, who is going to lobby on our behalf?  UIL will not be able to since they are a "state entity" are are forbidden from lobbying State officials.

Offline rsquare

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
Stated beautifully
 aWaRd