Author Topic: 2012 TASO Football State Meeting  (Read 30826 times)

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Re: 2012 TASO Football State Meeting
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 01:41:06 AM »
Does anyone remember the panel of coaches they had, I think it was in Arlington.  They had a middle school coach on the panel.  The guy was clueless.  He even said at one point, I just started coaching and barely know what I'm doing, so I doubt I can be of much help up here.  Wow.  I guess I am just one of those people who sees no value at all on the coach sessions.  I'd much rather listen to Rogers or even Red Cashion or anyone with officiating experience talk about officiating than hear what coaches think we should do.

I agree.

Offline DallasStripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »

TASO is giving out 1 bonus point per breakout/classroom meeting attendance hour at this year's state meeting - does anyone happen to know what the total number of breakout/classroom meeting hours was this year?

Offline Wingmanbp

• FAN REACTION: +5/-7
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »
I was told 7 total
2 each for morning sessions
and 1 each for the 3 afternoon sessions

Offline DonM

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
  • The fool wonders; the wise ask.
    • Abilene Chapter
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
Exactly!
The state mtg was always the fulcrum of our family vacation.  It would either start or end with the state mtg.  My wife used the time while I was in meetings for shopping for school clothes for my kid.  Then, the off times was spent sight-seeing.
We visited lots of places, saw lots of the state, participated in lots of things ... that we probably wouldn't have w/o the attraction of the convention.
Did that for years and years. 
Guess that makes me even more of an odd-ball!
 :) 

ATXMike

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
How are the bonus points handled?  Does TASO tell each chapter who got bonus pts and how many, or is that up to us to tell our chapter?  This is the first year I went to the state meeting(out of the two years I've been officiating) so I don't know how it's handled.

Offline DonM

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
  • The fool wonders; the wise ask.
    • Abilene Chapter
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
When you submit your points summary, your points are added to your account.  The local chapter's administrator can access your state account.  So, no, you don't need to advise anyone.
Using the member's portal, it's a good idea to check your points total.  If this number doesn't agree with your personal records, investigate.