Author Topic: 700 Boos  (Read 1241 times)

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
700 Boos
« on: August 19, 2023, 11:29:53 AM »
That has to be a record. I must have made someone very mad.

Offline toma

• FAN REACTION: +3/-1
Re: 700 Boos
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 03:07:56 PM »
I love it when the Booo

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:50:34 PM »
I love it when the Booo

you oughta be loving this then...

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 12:46:31 AM »
At least now I know ho my main booer is. I kinda thought I knew, but he gave himself away tonight. Every time he shows up my boos increase by the number of posts I’ve made. Petty.

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 04:07:00 AM »
At least now I know ho my main booer is. I kinda thought I knew, but he gave himself away tonight. Every time he shows up my boos increase by the number of posts I’ve made. Petty.

I think the feature could be turned off, I don't think the numbers actually indicate anything useful.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 07:22:00 AM »
Yo, Calhoun-

I just tried to give you a few cheers  :thumbup to hopefully make you feel better  ;D and found that you can cheer/boo/whatever once every hour to the same person. I then pulled out my ole' adding machine and- without knowing how many boos you had before the 'booer' showed up- I discovered that said person/villian/whatever had began his 'boo' onslaught - it would take 29 days 2 hours to complete. :puke:

I'll try to cheer for you again during the next hour.  pHiNzuP.

Ralph  tR:oLl

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 07:29:41 AM »
Yo, Calhoun-

I just tried to give you a few cheers  :thumbup to hopefully make you feel better  ;D and found that you can cheer/boo/whatever once every hour to the same person. I then pulled out my ole' adding machine and- without knowing how many boos you had before the 'booer' showed up- I discovered that said person/villian/whatever had began his 'boo' onslaught - it would take 29 days 2 hours to complete. :puke:

I'll try to cheer for you again during the next hour.  pHiNzuP.

Ralph  tR:oLl

Lol, thanks Ralph. That's probably about right. That's when he and I got sideways over a particular point. FWIW, I'd rather engage in a conversation than hide behind a "boo." but that's just me.

Offline zebraken

• FAN REACTION: +1/-3
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 07:32:36 AM »
This is interesting. Not knowing what the boos option is or how it works, I looked around and the only place I saw it mentioned was at the bottom of the page next to (moderator: Big Don) - 700 boos. I clicked on 700 boos. If that increased anyones boo total, I apologize. I agree with Calhoun that it is, indeed, petty

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 07:38:52 AM »
This is interesting. Not knowing what the boos option is or how it works, I looked around and the only place I saw it mentioned was at the bottom of the page next to (moderator: Big Don) - 700 boos. I clicked on 700 boos. If that increased anyones boo total, I apologize. I agree with Calhoun that it is, indeed, petty
Look under your name. there is an option under your name when you post to [cheer] or [boo] the post. I had been running about 50/50 (maybe a little higher on the [boo] until June. then all of a sudden (about the time the rule change came out) my [boos] jumped dramatically. Like Ralph said, that's almost a constant "[boo] every time I can" ratio. That's fine, if everyone on here disagrees with what I post.
But
1., I don't think that's true.
2. If it is true, challenge my statements in a post. Don't just [boo] and ignore the statement.

I'm here to learn, and the best way to learn is to engage in conversation.

Offline zebraken

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 08:34:38 AM »
Got it, thank you. Yes I agree with you about coming on this site to learn. I do as well and I have learned a lot from you,Ralph and more than a handful of others. I respect your opinions very much but don’t always agree them just as others don’t agree with mine. Like you say, conversation is really the only useful tool we have that benefits everyone. I don’t post very often but when I come across something that I have an opinion on I will post my thoughts and prepare to defend my position verbally. Problem is that printed words don’t show emotion or intent so if if ever come across as disrespectful or terse I guarantee you that is not my intent. I guess the best way to put is that sometimes I get overly passionate about officiating and learning the rules

Offline george7244

• FAN REACTION: +6/-14
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 11:46:32 AM »
Got it, thank you. Yes I agree with you about coming on this site to learn. I do as well and I have learned a lot from you,Ralph and more than a handful of others. I respect your opinions very much but don’t always agree them just as others don’t agree with mine. Like you say, conversation is really the only useful tool we have that benefits everyone. I don’t post very often but when I come across something that I have an opinion on I will post my thoughts and prepare to defend my position verbally. Problem is that printed words don’t show emotion or intent so if if ever come across as disrespectful or terse I guarantee you that is not my intent. I guess the best way to put is that sometimes I get overly passionate about officiating and learning the rules

This is a very good post.  I think that all officials should be passionate aboutl learning the rules and getting on the field and calling the game.  What anyone else thinks about what i post really aint none of my business anyway.  Heres hoping you have a long and successful career wearing the stripes.  Gook luck and God bless.

Offline zebraken

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 01:10:37 PM »
           This is a very good post.  I think that all officials should be passionate aboutl learning the rules and getting on the field and calling the game.  What anyone else thinks about what i post really aint none of my business anyway.  Heres hoping you have a long and successful career wearing the stripes.  Gook luck and God bless.

Thank you very much. I appreciate that

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 02:00:04 PM »
Forgive me, but the boos and cheers are much like the Coach’s evaluations that officials get in Texas. They are worth about as much stock as you put into them.  Some years ago, to conduct our pre-game meeting, I met with a head coach in his office. Pinned to the tack board beside his desk were the cards on which the coaches offer their ‘evaluation’ comments. On the cards are several categories for which we are rated 1 (best) to 5 (worst). The cards for this game were already completed. We each got a 2. Before we ever set foot on the field.
That told me that the evaluations are virtually worthless. But, then, I really didn’t need to be told that.

I’ve got my share of boos. I just don’t pay any attention to them. I try very hard not to insult or demean anyone, so I don’t worry about the boos. If I just put what I believe to be educated/experienced truth out there, and be nice, those cheer/boo numbers mean nothing.

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2023, 09:01:44 AM »
707, who will give me 8?  aWaRd

Offline george7244

• FAN REACTION: +6/-14
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 07:26:53 PM »
Forgive me, but the boos and cheers are much like the Coach’s evaluations that officials get in Texas. They are worth about as much stock as you put into them.  Some years ago, to conduct our pre-game meeting, I met with a head coach in his office. Pinned to the tack board beside his desk were the cards on which the coaches offer their ‘evaluation’ comments. On the cards are several categories for which we are rated 1 (best) to 5 (worst). The cards for this game were already completed. We each got a 2. Before we ever set foot on the field.
That told me that the evaluations are virtually worthless. But, then, I really didn’t need to be told that.

I’ve got my share of boos. I just don’t pay any attention to them. I try very hard not to insult or demean anyone, so I don’t worry about the boos. If I just put what I believe to be educated/experienced truth out there, and be nice, those cheer/boo numbers mean nothing.

When i was calling in Texas we would get the Coachs  evaluations from some games and none from others.  You could tell from the evaluations who was the winner and who was the loser but they didn't get us too excited one way or the other.  Lol

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 10:26:50 PM »