Author Topic: Playoffs week 2  (Read 1247 times)

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Playoffs week 2
« on: November 15, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/u3lkmceauyivgaamoxhtv/h?dl=0&rlkey=a4vam8hj3hhm3f3zfrwzkiq8a

Need info for the following games:

Up to 98%, need info for the following games:

1A-D2
Klondike vs Whitharral

2A-D2
Chilton vs Brackettville

3A-D2
Tidehaven vs Nixon-Smiley

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 09:26:58 AM by dammitbobby »

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Re: Playoffs week 2
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 12:07:27 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/u3lkmceauyivgaamoxhtv/h?dl=0&rlkey=a4vam8hj3hhm3f3zfrwzkiq8a

Need info for the following games:

Up to 96%, need info for the following games:

1A-D1
Abbott vs Union Hill

1A-D2
Klondike vs Whitharral

2A-D2
Chilton vs Brackettville

3A-D1
London vs Blanco

3A-D2
Tidehaven vs Nixon-Smiley
Just FYI SAT had 38 UIL games and one TAPPS game in week one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 12:28:35 PM »
Thanks, I'll get with my contact and see if I can fill in some of the gaps for week one, I show them as having 34.

Offline jra104

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 11:11:16 PM »
Just going to leave this right here.... When you are told by the white to "stop asking for holding it's the playoff we're not calling that" that puts a huge black eye on the crew especially when a kid gets hurt on a hold and thrown like a rag doll.  All we ask is the game is called the proper way.  Grey crew!!!

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 10:43:34 PM »
Just going to leave this right here.... When you are told by the white to "stop asking for holding it's the playoff we're not calling that" that puts a huge black eye on the crew especially when a kid gets hurt on a hold and thrown like a rag doll.  All we ask is the game is called the proper way.  Grey crew!!!

You do realize that the all officials throw flags AFTER a foul, and that a flag can't magically prevent injuries from occurring, or fix the kid if he's hurt?  Throwing or not throwing has zero relevance or impact on whether or not the kid was hurt.  All it's gonna do is make YOU feel better, not the kid.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 12:47:26 AM »
You do realize that the all officials throw flags AFTER a foul, and that a flag can't magically prevent injuries from occurring, or fix the kid if he's hurt?  Throwing or not throwing has zero relevance or impact on whether or not the kid was hurt.  All it's gonna do is make YOU feel better, not the kid.

And the flag doesn't deter the kid from doing it again in the future.  With as many kids who have been flagged for facemask foul, you'd think that would stop them from doing it.

Offline jra104

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 08:58:37 PM »
it's just a very bad look for the crew.  Call the obvious.  If i recall a few lectures from governing bodies outside football (haven't had a chance to start officiating this yet) , the rules are there for the safety of the players involved.  I know in track, blatantly disregarding certain rules open yourself up to lawsuits if an injury occurs.