Author Topic: A Letter from Bill Fecci  (Read 10512 times)

texref

A Letter from Bill Fecci
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »

My Fellow Officials,

The year is at an end and with that is also the end of my extended term as president of TASO Football. Cooper Castleberry, our newly elected president, will start his two year term January 1st. I’m sure along with me you all wish him good luck and success. Coop will do an excellent job directing the TASO Football division and represent us as a TASO Board member.

The resumption of the presidency was something I did so gladly but under the circumstance, did so with a saddened heart. It came at a time just prior to our annual meeting. With the efforts of our Board, our new Executive Director Mike Fitch, the TASO staff, and the large number of volunteers from the Dallas and Fort Worth chapters our meeting went off with great success. I appreciate all our members who attended.

TASO’s ongoing litigation realized a number of successes for the Football Division, the high school coaches, and student athletes of Texas. With these victories officials were not forced to make a hard decision and wonder as to whether they would be allowed to finish the regular season. They could possibly have been prevented from working their previously scheduled games. The federal judge with his decision also allowed the coaches of Texas the opportunity to choose the best available officials from the TASO Football Division all the way to the State final games. This was another victory for our members.

That being said, I wish to extend my congratulations to all the post season officiating crews. An overall excellent job was done by all. We were fortunate to have two games where coaches opted for seven man crews, including one of the finals. Hopefully this will be the start of a trend. Let’s also be clear that no matter what “hat” was worn every official represented TASO Football with dignity and professionalism, again well done.
With the New Year, training will continue to be our priority. The continuation of the programs I started and the new fresh ideas President Castleberry will initiate are going to be exciting. Keep going to our blog, http:tasofb.wordpress.com and the web page http:www.TASO.org where more videos, mechanic discussions, and rule interpretations will be ongoing during the offseason.

Our state annual meeting will be in July in San Antonio. Check the web page and blog for dates and agenda to be posted soon.

As to the TASO lawsuit, it is Coop’s and my intention to continue toward a reasonable, just and binding settlement that both sides will feel is equitable and just. Our hope is that this can be done without having a trial.

I would like to make a final point I wish all you would consider. This year was the first time in our history that you as a member in good standing could vote for the officers of our organization online from anywhere, with no need to attend a state meeting to do so. Only a small percentage of the membership opted to do so. This apathy puzzles me. Please consider in the future to exercise your right to have a say in the leadership of this organization.

In closing, I wish to thank all of you for the support I have received these past seven months. I still believe TASO and TASO Football is the largest and greatest independent officiating organization of its kind. I also believe we should remain as an independent entity and will fight to keep it so. I wish all of you felt the same.

My wish for this New Year is that no matter where the good Lord takes us we always officiate every game as though it is the Super Bowl, that we always continue to learn, and that in every game we always work so that the student athletes of Texas have an equal opportunity to succeed.
Blessings to you and your families for this coming New Year.

Bill Fecci

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:38:36 PM by texref »

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Re: A Letter from Bill Fecci
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »
If this went to TASO members via email, I'm still not getting them. Have sent two different emails to TASO and each time they say I will be re-entered/added.....still nothing.  To be honest I didn't know about the on-line voting.

Best regards,

Brad

Offline ETXZebra

• FAN REACTION: +18/-7
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
I received this email on December 31.  Not sure why ALL members are not getting these emails.

504coach

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
If this went to TASO members via email, I'm still not getting them. Have sent two different emails to TASO and each time they say I will be re-entered/added.....still nothing.  To be honest I didn't know about the on-line voting.

Best regards,

Brad

I get all of my TASO membership emails off of Refstripes.  I too am very frustrated about where my emails are.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
I received this email on December 31.  Not sure why ALL members are not getting these emails.

I got mine today.

Offline BankerRef

• FAN REACTION: +12/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 09:23:38 PM »
All my info is correct and I haven't received an email in over two years.

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »
got mine today
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »
today as well here, got notification of the blog post of the email last week.

I thought the intra-focus website was being redesigned?  Thought it was supposed to be changed right after the testing was complete?

This is stuff that a 2nd year programming student could handle.

Any amount of money that we are paying for that joke of a website should be refunded, back to about 2005 when it was obsolete....

rickref

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
Guys, intra focus emails that come from TASO can fail for one reason or another. On their system if they get a failuer be it your IP or your settings etc it will not send again. Just contact Tony at TASo and he can reset you. We experianced this locally with one provider and TASO had to reset several members.

504coach

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
Guys, intra focus emails that come from TASO can fail for one reason or another. On their system if they get a failuer be it your IP or your settings etc it will not send again. Just contact Tony at TASo and he can reset you. We experianced this locally with one provider and TASO had to reset several members.

That is not the point.  If TASO truly wanted to create/publish information for their membership they would start....  A myspace page, a facebook page, a yahoo user group, an email distribution list, or a zebraware list ANYTHING.  I am tired of them blaming intra focus.  If Intra focus is the problem then ditch intrafocus and go to a more reliable platform it is that easy.

rickref

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 08:03:04 AM »
That is not the point.  If TASO truly wanted to create/publish information for their membership they would start....  A myspace page, a facebook page, a yahoo user group, an email distribution list, or a zebraware list ANYTHING.  I am tired of them blaming intra focus.  If Intra focus is the problem then ditch intrafocus and go to a more reliable platform it is that easy.

I do not disagree but this is where it is now.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »

Have you seen this:

http://tasofb.wordpress.com

rickref

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 08:33:17 AM »
Every TASO member should sign up on the blog site in my opinion. I did as a back up in case I was missing emails etc.

Offline fencewire

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
I did as well, that doesn't excuse the decision to stay with intrafocus even after it was communicated that the move was imminent.   Should we really have to have a "backup" system?  If the system is so unreliable that you have to have the "backup" be the primary means of communication/interaction, isn't it time to change the primary??

Offline DallasLJ

• FAN REACTION: +16/-15
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
I did as well, that doesn't excuse the decision to stay with intrafocus even after it was communicated that the move was imminent.   Should we really have to have a "backup" system?  If the system is so unreliable that you have to have the "backup" be the primary means of communication/interaction, isn't it time to change the primary??

This was on the blog page on Friday.  Everyone can go there for information.  How is that different than if they did Facebook -- you would have to have a Facebook account, and you would have to join, or friend, the organization. Same with the others.  Some people just don't want to be that open, by creating personal pages.  So, again, you would not get messages to everyone.  Why is TASO blamed because they posted on the open blog site and members choose not check the blog.  You have to do some things for yourself.

504coach

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »
  This was on the blog page on Friday.  Everyone can go there for information.  How is that different than if they did Facebook -- you would have to have a Facebook account, and you would have to join, or friend, the organization. Same with the others.  Some people just don't want to be that open, by creating personal pages.  So, again, you would not get messages to everyone.  Why is TASO blamed because they posted on the open blog site and members choose not check the blog.  You have to do some things for yourself.

This is a great start for getting information out to the membership.  There are many other avenues that they can explore in addition too this blog.  I believe our hatred is more directed towards why they insist on intrafocus as a means to delivery when their failures are too numerous to count.  Not to mention their lack of training materials/videos on the state website.  I do agree that people need to help themselves to the information but it should not be this hard to get information when there are easier methods available.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »

I believe you can "subscribe" to the blog and you will automatically be sent an update everytime something new is posted.

Offline TxSkyBolt

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »

Done that twice....

Offline TxSkyBolt

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
Have you seen this:

http://tasofb.wordpress.com

Mike,

No, I haven't.  The link doesn't work for me, perhaps because our system doesn't allow access to blogs.  That being said, I went to the TASO website and drilled down to the football page and can find no mention of blog.  Perhaps I missed it.  Is it on the website?

thanks and best regards,

Brad

Cooter

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
Mike,

No, I haven't.  The link doesn't work for me, perhaps because our system doesn't allow access to blogs.  That being said, I went to the TASO website and drilled down to the football page and can find no mention of blog.  Perhaps I missed it.  Is it on the website?

thanks and best regards,

Brad

I can't find it either.

Offline fencewire

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
I subscribed to the blog the first time it was communicated back in the summer, at least that is when I remember it being set up as I mentioned above, I got this info from the blog posting last week.

That isn't the point.  Unless, you want to change the taso.org to be forwarded to the blog and make the blog the official website of taso it just doesn't make sense.   It is real easy to do, one line of code...

However, that would be like ebay saying... well, if you logon to ebay and you can't buy an item you want to... go over to bidonmehere.com and get the some of the same info there.

Basically the blog was a stop gap, for those members that are adept enough to be able to get to it.  Excusing the taso.org/intrafocus website by saying... hey look there is a blog... is pretty weak reasoning.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »
My problem is the opposite.

I get the wordpress version, the TASO version and usually the chapter forwards them also.

Not complaining!
" I don't make the rules coach!"