Author Topic: When should I apply?  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Official_21

• FAN REACTION: +9/-0
  • What on earth have I gotten myself into???
When should I apply?
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »
I am planning on returning to officiating football next season (2017-2018).

Should I start the application process now or wait till next season to apply? I suppose what it boils down to is, when is the best time to apply?

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
Re: When should I apply?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
I'd send an email to the secretary of the chapter you are interested in joining and see what their deadlines are. I don't know if TASO registration for 2017 is even up yet, so you can't do anything before then. You may or may not know, but you join TASO (online) first, then your chapter second.

Offline Official_21

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:59:16 PM »
You may or may not know, but you join TASO (online) first, then your chapter second.
I know. I am an ex-member looking to get back in now that I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with  ;D

Offline psv

• FAN REACTION: +14/-14
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »
Well, if you want to get an early start, there is a decent chance that the chapter in your area could probably use the help on Friday with Chains and clock...

Might want to think about being an auxiliary member this year and them ease on into it next season.

Just my .02 worth :)

Offline Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +53/-9
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
Well, if you want to get an early start, there is a decent chance that the chapter in your area could probably use the help on Friday with Chains and clock...

If you're west of I-35, there is a decent chance that the chapter in your area could probably use the help as an on-field official.

Offline Official_21

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

Might want to think about being an auxiliary member this year and them ease on into it next season.

Just my .02 worth :)
Actually, I thought about that, but I still have a bit too much going on to even entertain that suggestion. Things will die down soon enough.