Author Topic: Equipment Issue  (Read 341 times)

Offline fudilligas

• FAN REACTION: +5/-0
Equipment Issue
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
recently i have noticed more and more players are wearing volleyball knee pads, which offer better protection, in place of the knee pads that come with the pants....i see no problem with the player wearing the VB pads under the pants, however, what is the rule if a player removes the knee pads that come with the pants and wears the VB pads instead...has the player now committed a violation by altering the pants, and if so, is this charged against the head coach for allowing the player to wear altered equipment

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +45/-9
Re: Equipment Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 06:46:51 AM »
If they meet the requirements spelled out in Rule 1, they’re legal.

“2. Knee pads which are unaltered from the manufacturer’s original design/production, which are worn over the knee and under the pants and shall be at least ˝ inch thick or 3/8 inch thick if made of shock absorbing material.”

Excerpt From
2018 NFHS Football Rules Book
NFHS

Offline Stinterp

• FAN REACTION: +3/-7
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
Agree with FLAHL. I do not believe the knee pads come with the pants. The rules do not state the pad must be worn in the pants, just that the pants must cover the knee pad.

Offline UTchad

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 09:46:22 AM »
Volleyball kneepads are very common here. Our association has stated that as long as the pant covers the kneepad we let the kid play.