Author Topic: Beginning 3/10, Texas 100% open  (Read 310 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +112/-82
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Beginning 3/10, Texas 100% open
« on: March 02, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »
Gettin’ it done in Texas. As of 3/10, Texas will be re-opened 100%. All businesses in the state will be able to completely re-open, without restriction. The requirement to wear a mask will be removed, and there can be no penalty or punishment by any entity to someone that chooses to not wear a mask.
On this date, Texas Independence Day, March 2, Texas has once again regained its independence.

Rejoice, my friends.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +9/-5
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Re: Beginning 3/10, Texas 100% open
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 03:25:08 PM »
My understanding is that while there may not be governmental penalties for not wearing a mask, if a business chooses to require a mask as a condition of entry, you still have to follow their requirements, yes? 

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +98/-46
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
My understanding is that while there may not be governmental penalties for not wearing a mask, if a business chooses to require a mask as a condition of entry, you still have to follow their requirements, yes?
  I don't know the answer to that, but I also don't know of any business who required one to begin with.   I have seen them with signs indicating they were required but when you walk in very few would be wearing one and the business wasn't denying entry to those who chose not to wear one.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »

Fine. I'll go to the restaurant next door that doesn't require masks. I'll go to to the tire shop around the corner to buy new tires from the business that doesn't require masks. On and on. They'll come around pretty dang quick.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 06:20:08 AM »
Well, imagine that. Texas has been 100% open for several weeks, now, and the total Covid cases have been dropping, and continue to drop. Businesses are fully open. Masks are still being worn, but purely on a voluntary basis by those that choose to do so. High risk people have been vaccinated. All adults 18 and over are eligible for the vaccine.
Schools are open. Kids are running and laughing. Sports are being played - WITH LIVE SPECTATORS. Nursing homes and other care facilities are open for visitors.
Very nearly totally back to real normal. The only real risk now are the hordes of illegal aliens - many of them testing positive for Covid - flooding across the border, and expecting free health care, housing, education, and nourishment.
Hmmm. We didn’t have that problem three months ago.
But, we will find ways to continue to get it done.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 10:32:05 AM »
Texas officially fully opened 3/10, but, truthfully, most folks got started the day Gov. Abbott announced the full re-opening of Texas (3/2). So, now, 27 days later, the Covid cases are still on the decline - just a fraction of what they were as recently as mid-February -  and a lot of the population have been vaccinated. Some businesses/venues, as is their right, have voluntarily elected to maintain limitations on occupancy/participation. Nothing wrong with that. But, the great 'surge' that was predicted by many folks simply hasn't happened. We are moving forward.
Small gatherings on July 4th? Ha. Sorry, Joe. We'll be celebratin' with all of our family, neighbors and friends. The only thing surging down here is the economy. Not quite like 2-3 years ago, yet, but we are coming back. Can't wait to see full stadia this fall! And the only one wearing a mask will be the great Masked Rider from Texas Tech!   

Offline carol1995

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +48/-5
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »
I've heard of several other states that are planning to completely open up in the next month or so.  Of course, businesses are free to continue to require masks, but it won't be a government mandate.  My guess is that many businesses will require masks for several more months just to be extra cautious.  I just hope we don't have to wear masks again this fall during games.