Friday night Texas HS game NCAA rules. As B, I hand ball to the kicker and he tees it up in the center of the field. I tell him he can go after the R blows his whistle. I run to sideline, R blows ready, kicker picks up the ball and moves the the left hash. I didn't like it, but did not stop him. He kicks OOB and we have a re-kick. I didn't say anything to the kicker because I could not think of a particular rule that would cover that situation. So needless to say the exact same thing happens again, except for kick OOB. This is week eight, so I'm sure they have been doing this all year.
I asked a few guys about the situation and all say that the kicker should not be able to do that. I ask where is that found in the rules and no one can come up with the reference. So any help with this is greatly appreciated.