Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
National Federation Discussion / Re: Arm Sleeves
« Last post by Ralph Damren on April 24, 2024, 01:38:29 PM »
The Federation may have to meet in an emergency session to prohibit transverse stripes on gloves as I seen nothing to prohibit this!

1-5-3c(1) : "Ball colored helmets,jerseys,patches,exterior arm covers/pads, undershirts or GLOVES."  IMHO, this could apply and woulsd save the need for an emergency meeting.  tiphat:
« Last post by Ralph Damren on April 24, 2024, 01:27:58 PM »
I can't tell when it was enacted, but I believe it was to prevent sleeves from simulating the stripes on the ball for the same reason the uniform can't be ball colored.

I've been intown (on the rules committee) since 1993 and couldn't find when this was born from my records. It may be dated back to the Knute Rockne era  :o.
« Last post by sczeebra on April 24, 2024, 01:00:58 PM »
The Federation may have to meet in an emergency session to prohibit transverse stripes on gloves as I seen nothing to prohibit this!
Texas Topics / Re: PROP Approved Rules changes - now we wait for the UIL
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on April 24, 2024, 12:55:26 PM »
What uniform rule? They’re going to take the rule denied by PROP and adopt it anyway?
« Last post by Zebra Watcher on April 24, 2024, 12:31:23 PM »
I am hearing talk on the plains about the UIL Rules Committee Acceptance of Proposed Rule Changes as follows:

"The two-minute timeout was discussed but the UIL's football rules committee decided that we will continue to use our current clock rules as they pertain to stopping & starting the clock under two minutes of each half. No two-minute timeouts."

"The uniform rule & horse collar rule WILL both be applicable to UIL games going forward."

-Direct Quote from a Head Coach
« Last post by ncwingman on April 23, 2024, 08:29:57 PM »
Does anyone know when and why the transverse rule was enacted?

I can't tell when it was enacted, but I believe it was to prevent sleeves from simulating the stripes on the ball for the same reason the uniform can't be ball colored.
« Last post by Cosmokramer1 on April 23, 2024, 01:17:59 PM »
If the UIL does adopt the 2 minute warning I would then like to see them also adopt/remove the first down clock stoppage.  Unofficially, we all seem to adopt our own rules anyway.  For example, we may stop the clock on the first down but within about 3-5 seconds after giving the stop clock signal we are already winding the clock even as the chains haven't even started moving downfield yet.   ;D
« Last post by sczeebra on April 23, 2024, 11:01:00 AM »
 Does anyone know when and why the transverse rule was enacted?
National Football League / Anderson making lateral move
« Last post by ElvisLives on April 19, 2024, 10:39:11 PM »
Walt Anderson is moving to a role more involved with communications with teams. On paper. When I first heard a rumor he might no longer be the actual head of NFL officials, the first thought that came to mind was that this was a move - on paper - to allow his son Derek to be hired. Well, surprise. Derek did get hired. Congratulations to him. (Not at all saying Derek wasn’t worthy of being hired. He seemed to do well in the Big 12.) But, if you think Walt won’t have his finger in the NFL officiating pie, you are sorely mistaken. It will be more likely he’ll have both hands in the pie, just in the background. Believe me. Until he is totally separated from the NFL in all respects, he’ll be calling the shots. This change in responsibility is just a smoke screen.
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on April 19, 2024, 05:20:53 PM »
I’m not sure I see the UIL taking the 2 minute warning unless they take other timing rules with it. It’s kind of hard to justify an extra timeout when you’re still stopping the clock on first downs all game and the clock is on the snap on OOB plays all game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]